Consultation launches on changes to use of N E Lincs children’s centres
In light of significant reductions in government funding, decisions are being made on more effective ways of delivering services while still meeting community needs. To support this, the council wants to use its children’s centres to deliver services to a broader age range of children and young people. (changing the age range from prebirth – 5 to prebirth -14 years (and 19 years for some services))
To do so, the council needs to formally de-designate some centres and cluster them into five areas, pooling staff skills across each cluster. Each cluster will still have one designated children’s centre but will also provide a network of family hubs that are easily accessible to all families. The proposed new provision will not compromise outcomes for children, particularly the most disadvantaged, as services provided at the family hubs will be linked to local community need. Those centres that are de-designated will not have to meet the full core purpose of a children’s centre, but can concentrate on the improvement of outcomes for families in greatest need.
More information on the proposed changes can be found on the council’s website at http://ht.ly/GT8Yp
This consultation runs from January 5 to February 13 2015. Take part in the following ways:
1. Complete a survey:
• A paper version is available in all children’s centres
• Electronic versions of the form are available in the related forms section of the web page above.
2. Attend a focus group held in one of the children’s centres:
• Broadway – Rhyme Time, Monday 19 January at 9.30am and Baby massage at 10.45am
• Central – Tuneful Tuesday, 20 Jan at 9.15am
• Cleethorpes Reynolds – Stay and Play, Friday 30 January at 9.30am
• East Marsh – Musical Monday – Monday 26 January 1.30pm-2.30pm and Tiny Tiggers Tuesday 27 January at 1pm
• Highgate – Splatter and Splodge, Wednesday 14 January at 9.15am
• Immingham – Let’s Get Messy, Monday 12 January at 10am
• Nunsthorpe and Bradley Park – Baby Talk, Tuesday 13 January at 9.30am
• Scartho – On Your Marks, Thursday 29 January at 9.15am
• Queensway – Bookworms, Thursday 5 February at 2pm
• Riverside – Active Tots, Tuesday 3 February at 10am
• West Marsh – Stay and Play, Thursday 15 January at 9.15am
3. Attend a public consultation event:
• Grimsby Town Hall – 12 January at 3pm – 4pm
• Cleethorpes Library – 22 January at 5pm – 6pm
• Immingham Resource Centre – 28 January – 9.30am – 10.30am
4. Visit a Children’s Centre where there will be a display of the proposed changes and then post your comments in the box provided.
5. Provide your comments and send by post to:
Head of Children’s Centres, Highgate Children’s Centre, Trinity road, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8TJ
You must log in to post a comment.