Main Menu
19th Century Map viewing the area of Beaconthorpe and the Mission Room.

In 1834, at the end of what is now Poplar road, was built a Beacon to aid shipping.  This was constructed by the Admiralty and was built of huge timbers to resist the fierce storms that sometimes sweep down on our coast. The central section was surmounted by a...

Read More