Stretching 13-storeys into the sky, ‘One Cleethorpes’ would be unlike anything Cleethorpes has seen before
Here are the stunning computer generated images of the proposed high-rise blocks, known as ‘One Cleethorpes’ which could transform the resort.
The development includes 99 apartments split across three towers on a disused area of land on Grant Street.
Rising up to 13 storeys high, the structures would become the tallest in Cleethorpes and dominate the skyline.
Developer Cielto Realty have called the towers “landmark structures”.
We have visited several sites in Cleethorpes to compare how it looks now compared to how the scene would look if the the new tower blocks are built.
1. The development would be built on disused land on Grant Street. The smallest tower, nine storeys high, would be sited next door to the empty O’Neills pub at the corner of Alexandra Road.
2. The site as it is today, 9th August 2018
3. An artist impression of what the proposed high-rise scheme would look like from Station Road.
4. Eight retail and commercial units would occupy the ground floors of the three towers. These could be shops, restaurants and hotels.
5. Before the towers (9th August 2018)
6. A view of the proposed development from the pier. Cielto Realty said the development offers well planned, generous flats with excellent transport links, close to the town centre.
7. The development is largely obscured by trees when looking from Alexandra Road.
8. The towers will transform the current skyline (9th August 2018)
9. The first tower would be nine-storeys high, the second would be 11-storeys and the third would reach up a colossal 13-storeys high.
10. The view from Central Promenade. The towers are just visible above Fantasy World.
11. From the promenade, the towers are visible on the horizon. The plans are now under consideration by North East Lincolnshire Council.
12. How the area looks now on 9th Aug 2018
13. The development surrounds Cleethorpes Railway Station. Developers Cielo Realty claim their design optimises views of the iconic clock and is sensitive to the resort’s heritage buildings.
14. A striking view of the towers from the beach.